top of page

2 Chainz is being sued after a guy is beat up with the rappers crutches, should he pay up?

A popular celebrity videographer who claims he was knocked out by the bodyguard of rapper 2 Chainz is suing the rapper and now wants him to pay up for his costs. Videographer R.J. Capak said he got a heads up that the rapper was en route at NBC studios in Midtown on Oct. 27 and he quickly headed over there to film him, but it was not what he expected.Capak, who is 64 years od, said he began filming 2 Chainz as he walked into “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.” 2 Chainz Bodyguard, Rory Smith made sure to keep everyone including the cameramen away from the celebrity. 2 Chainz who has relied on crutches to get around since breaking his leg in August, had his crutches taken away by security and then assaulted cameraman Capak with his crutches and begin the attack on the 64 year old man. “Celebrity photographers should not be assaulted simply because they are doing their job,” said Capak’s attorney Sanford Rubenstein, who is expected to file a lawsuit in Manhattan Supreme Court on Monday against the award-winning rapper and Smith.

The bruised and assaulted cameraman is suing for an unspecified amount for punitive damages from 2 Chainz and his bodyguard. This is not the first time that 2 Chainz has had a run in with the law, On June 11, 2013, Epps was arrested while on board a departing flight at LAX airport for possession of a controlled substance after TSA agents found that his checked bag contained marijuana and promethazine. He was booked and charged with felony narcotics possession. Later that day he posted $10,000 bond and was released. He was due back in court on June 21, 2013. Two days previous, he was reportedly robbed at gunpoint outside a medical marijuana dispensary in San Francisco.Just before midnight on August 21, 2013, Epps' tour bus was pulled over in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, because the passenger side taillights were out. The arresting officer reported that he smelled marijuana and saw smoke through the open door of the bus after he had stopped and pulled over the bus. The driver of the bus shut the door and told officers he was not authorized to allow them on the bus. The officer said the marijuanasmell gave him probable cause to search, but the driver refused to open the door. After many attempts to enter, the bus was towed with the men still aboard to the police training center in Oklahoma City. Officers obtained a search warrant and the 10 men, including Epps, got off the bus. Police discovered two semi-automatic pistols and a 12-gauge pump shotgun, along with some prescription painkillers and marijuana residue, on the tour bus according to papers filed Oklahoma County district Court.



click here

bottom of page