Mac Miller, who was known for having substance abuse problems, was found dead of a drug overdose earlier today September 7, 2018. Many believe Miller started to take more drugs after his break up with Ariana Grande. In 2012 Miller was addicted to purple drank, an off-label use of cough syrupMiller has said that he became addicted to a combination of promethazine and codeine known as "purple drank" or "lean" which he began taking to manage the stress he was enduring during his Macadelic Tour in 2012.
Among his drug use he ran into other problems. In May 2018, Miller was arrested on charges of driving under the influence and hit and run after allegedly crashing into and knocking down a power pole and fleeing the scene with two passengers. Police arrived at the scene, ran Miller's license plate number, and obtained his address. Miller confessed to the crash when police arrived at his home. Despite his issues , he will truly be missed.